Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Cheap, Easy Sentimental!

I had intended on doing a post yesterday but then I got busy and that didnt happen, so here is a quick post on an Easy How to for a Cheap but extremely sentimental gift!

The first thing I did was to get a block of wood 6 inches x 6 inches I printed out the lettering you see below.  If you are curious as to how I created that letter it was really simple, I went onto Paint on a Windows Computer By selecting add text "A" then I clicked on the blank page and selected the size and placement of my Text Box, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT TRANSPARENT!! Then select your size and font.  I changed up the sizes and font type for EACH NEW TEXT BOX!  On the images below I had roughly 7 different text boxes I created to make them look the way they are.
AFTER you have all of your font placed you will need to reverse your image (you can find that here http://odds-an-endsdesign.blogspot.com/2012/10/picture-wood-transferwreath-project.html" on a previous post. To make them appear the correct way after the transfer. 

(I painted my wood Blocks white beforehand)
After drying I applied the Gel medium
I then placed my image onto the paper and smoothed out all bubbles and let it dry over night.  The process of this is listed in the above link!

 
 
There is the same process for the picture like you did with the font.
 
 
 
 
 
The Finished PRODUCT! I love them! So rustic and cute!
 
Voila! Very cheap and easy but so special!
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment