Thursday, November 1, 2012

Spooky good Pretzels!

I absolutely Love chocolate covered pretzels (don't judge) I am very careful to only make them a few times a year because they are such a weakness for me!  But since it was Halloween and all of our classrooms were having Black and Orange parties I decided to make a bunch for my co workers!  They loved them, and they even earned me a spot on the Heart Principles Board at work :)..

But anyways I thought I would share these cute little buggers!


 What you will Need:
-Pretzel Rods I had 3 bags
-White Almond Bark
-Milk Chocolate Almond Bark
-Sprinkles

I have a double Boiler but I really really don't like to use it.  So I break some of the almond bark off into a bowl and pop it into the microwave in 1 minute increments and keep mixing making sure not to overcook! 

I then hold the pretzel rod over the bowl and spoon it onto the pretzel after I have the desired area covered I turn it straight up and down and slide the back of the spoon over the chocolate to get the excess off!

Then I add my sprinkles and pop it into the freezer for about 5 minutes and they are good to go!


**TID BIT
When I am starting my first bath I will play wax paper onto the baking sheet and pop it into the freezer empty to get the metal pan cold and when you lay the freshly done pretzels on it, it keeps the chocolate from spreading as much!

Mummy

 Candy Corn

 Halloween Sprinkles
 Some of the ones that I pulled out of the freezer.
**EXTRA LITTLE TID BIT
If you have ever made chocolate covered pretzels then you will probably already know how many little broken ones you have in the bag.  So I don't waste a lot I will break them of roughly the same size and load them into a bowl and pour chocolate over top and make little nugget pretzels.
Then Came the presentation and the packaging, I printed little cards that said Happy Halloween, (I found them on Pinterest) and took my candy bags and tied with Ribbon.
Some of the pretzel rods in the container

My bagged Chocolate pretzel nuggets

The finished presentation!

I made nearly 50 bags of pretzels and EVERY single one was eaten and gone by 2:00.. I got so many compliments on how cute and good they were, so I thought I would share!

YUMMY!



0 comments:

Post a Comment