Saturday, November 17, 2012

End of the Year MAJOR Blog Challenge.

Well guys, based on my projects I have attempted on my blog this next one will be a much bigger one.   My cousin Taylor is 13 and she is coming into that teen girl stage where she likes nice girly things, so this project is for her and will hopefully remain a surprise until it is finished.  A few months back she moved her room to the basement of their home, and it is a lot of concrete and cinderblock, Essentially here is my plan; I plan to replace and redo her entire space for under $150.00.  That may not sound hard until I give you the list of everything that I am doing.

What I will be buying:
New Bed frame $49.99
New Desk $19.99
New Desk Chair $9.99
New Lamp $9.99
New Rugs $9.99
New Pillows $5.00
New Laundry Hamper $4.99
6 packs of 2 sheer white curtain panels $29.94
Curtain Wire 13.98
3 vases $2.37
artificial flowers $4.95
= $161.18  (Before I play with amounts and prices, goal is to get it below $150.00) 
**I may be using my desk that is exactly the same as I wanted to buy! 


Here is how I plan to accomplish this and what my plan is.

The room is nothing but  a large open basement, so my first task is to separate her room from the rest of the basement. Then I will be replacing her futon and desk with new ones, originally when I decided to replace her bed I wasnt sure what my plan was, but I decided on a full bed frame and I am buying the slates then I am getting a large sheet of plywood to place on top of the slates then I plan to reuse her futon mattress (Im doing this because of my budget).  I also would like to point of that I am doing this with pretty much everything coming from Ikea (one of my favorite places).

Bed Frame: Full size $49.99
I have yet to decided if I will leave this with just plain wood or if I will paint it.






FJELLSE Bed frame IKEA Solid wood, a hardwearing natural material.
Desk: $19.99 (The legs will be silver, not black)
I actually have this desk and I love it!  It is large enough that you don't feel cramped but still does not take a lot of space and it is extremely sturdy.
VIKA AMON/VIKA ADILS Table IKEA

Desk Chair: $9.99

 LAVER Chair IKEA Stackable; saves space when not in use.

Lighting: #1 $4.99 + $5.00 for Cord. #2 $9.99
I have yet to decided between the two of these as to which I like.

REGOLIT Pendant lamp shade IKEA Handmade shade; each shade is unique.

                               OR

 HOLMÖ Floor lamp IKEA Gives a soft mood light.

Rugs: $9.99 Faux Sheep skin rug
TEJN Faux sheepskin IKEA The faux sheepskin is super soft, warm and cozy. Ideal as a rug or draped across your favorite armchair.
Window Panels: 8 x $4.99
LILL Sheer curtain, 2 panels IKEA The curtains let the light through but provide privacy so they are perfect to use in a layered window solution.

Wires for Curtains: 2x $6.99

DEKA Curtain wire incl. clips IKEA Complete set with wall hardware, curtain wire and clips; ready to mount. Can be easily cut to the desired length.
Laundry Hamper: $4.99
JÄLL Laundry bag with stand IKEA Folds flat; makes it easy to carry laundry and saves space when not in use.
Vases: .79 x 3
SNÄRTIG Vase IKEA

Artificial Flowers: .99 x 5
SMYCKA Artificial flower IKEA Lifelike artificial flower that remain just as fresh-looking and beautiful year after year.
To save on my budget I will be upcycling and reusing some things.  I am going to be repainting her dresser, it is currently wood, I will be repainting it white, and then the front of the drawers with chalkboard paint!  I will be using her futon mattress and I will be giving her my old Hana Floral Bedding from PB Teen that I barely used.



As you can see there is a lot going on and I cant wait to get started and done.  I will be starting the weekend after Christmas and her mom is going to get her out of the house so it will be a surprise for her!  I will have loads of before and after and in the process pictures!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

this blog is really wonderful ..........

http://acoolmall.com/o~c-Furniture~a-bedroom_furniture-king~b-73188.aspx

Post a Comment