Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Get to know me and the beautiful place that Im from!

I am beyond proud of where I am from!  Not only Kentucky but the town that I grew up in.  I live in Kentucky on the border of Ohio on the Ohio River and it is a small town population 17,000 my high school had about 900 to 1,000 students total.  We have been lucky to have some famous folks, Like Rosemary Clooney (Singer & Actress), George Clooney (Actor), Nick Clooney (Activist, politician), Heather French (Miss America), Chris Lofton (Basketball player) and Darius Miller (Basketball player).  It was a great place to grow up and I loved the school system!  But this is my little slice of Home:

We have two bridges in town leading into Ohio, this bridge is called "The Old Bride" or "The Green Bridge". On the bottom half of the photo is downtown Maysville and across the river is Aberdeen OH much much smaller than Maysville.


The two steeples are from a couple of churches downtown and the bridge in the backround is "The New Bridge"

This is looking from the bridge on the Ohio side into downtown Maysville.  You can see the flood wall that says Welcome To Maysville and the train running along the river. 



This is the flood wall on the river facing town The city paid an artist to come in and paint murals of which there are about 7 very details murals.   The last one is of a young Rosemary Clooney.


We have a couple of brick laid streets in downtown Maysville and this is one of them I lived on this street when I was kid.

The same street but a different view, I lived in the red brick building on the third floor as a kid!  It was soo big!

A look at some buildings in Downtown on West Second St.


This is probably one of my favorite areas of town this is very reminiscent of Upper East side in NYC this is a set of connected homes.  They are gorgeous and the red building is the back of the building I lived in as a child.



This is Saint Patrick Church which is where George Clooney attended church and school.


This is an ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING picture of downtown Maysville the church and the Old Courthouse.


 This is one of the 3 fountains in downtown right outside the building where I lived.


The Russell Theater which is where George Clooney and Renee Zellwegger Premiered Leatherheads and Rosemary Clooney Premiered films.
One of my favorite little places!  They had the best HUGE shaved ice in the summer!

 Does this place look SCARY!? It should its apparently haunted.  My older brother was born here in 1982.  Its called the Hayswood Hospital, Look it up there is some information about it!


This beautiful home is called the Phillips Folly House and it too is haunted!  Ghost Adventurers visited here and did an investigation and the episode aired last year on Friday the 13 in May.


Mason County High School.  GO ROYALS! BTW the Right half is our gym which is as big and bigger than some colleges gyms.. Yea we are a Basketball School and State!


We have a hot air balloon race every year and this is just a few of the balloons.


This is just a very small portion of the town I live in, there is Old Washington which is loaded with historical underground railroad homes as Maysville was part of the underground railroad. In front of the old courthouse in Old Washington is where part of Uncle Toms Cabin took place where Harriet Beecher Stowe witnessed a person being sold into slavery which she included in the book. Hopefully I will get a chance to get more pictures and finish showing this place that I am proud to call home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment