Monday, May 28, 2012

I Finally got to go fishing!

       I am from Kentucky, a lot of the girls that I went to school with went hunting and fishing regularly they had dads and brothers that went every chance that they had.  My family on the other hand was a little more urban in the sense that I have NEVER known of my older brother or dad to go hunting and as for fishing I can honestly say that I have not heard much from them about that either.  I would love for one day when I get married to find a guy that loved to do those things, because I am an outdoors kind of girl.  My friends know that when it is summer Im outdoors and they laugh about it because Im very girly in a lot of ways I love to dress up where heels, do my hair and makeup, and then there is the side of me that I love to get dirty and be "one of the guys".   It was funny because in school when I took Advanced Placement Biology my senior year where we disected a lot of animals, I seemed to always be the one that did the cuting and the dirty part of the work. 
       I have wanted to go fishing for years, I mean there is only one guy who really goes and goes often so I never had anyone to go with.  This weekend (Memorial Day Weekend) I came down to my cousins house and we all went fishing two days in a row we made a campfire and roasted marshmallows and had S'mores, hot dogs and chips.  The kids went swimming in the creek (I walked through it) it was beautiful out in the country down in the woods, very peaceful. 

OH YEA!  I caught my FIRST EVER FISH and I baited my own hook with bloody liver!!  Even the guys were impressed!  It was a catfish a little under 2 ft long and it was about 4-5 pounds!  I was ecstatic!  I think im a natural! haha


My Cousin Allison and I.


My little sister Thristian and I.


The Creek!


Taylor.


Gaige.


Kinley.


My Catfish! (I wouldnt touch it LOL)


My fish again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment