Monday, April 16, 2012

Repainting my dresser

As I have said in a previous post I am head over heals for my dresser, its one of those sturdy heavy true wooden dressers that can take a major beating. It is rustic and corners are rounded and chipped and I cant even begin to imagine all of the things that this dresser has seen. It is probably every bit of 20+ years old.. I love furniture with a story, but I like to be able to have the furniture that needs love, I’m not really into the antique type of furniture mainly because you cant touch it, it will devalue it. But after tonight, after talking about redoing my dresser and posting the things I posted on here, I felt the need to at least start the process. And needless to say I HATE sanding down furniture, I promise if you do it by hand you WILL find muscles you didn’t even know you had. I had mentioned in a previous post that maybe I would do color this time, as it has been neutral colors every time that I have painted it. So I went to the store tonight and I decided on a color, it isn’t exactly in anything in my room but I think that it will all work cohesively together.



Before, but ignore all the mess around it..



So I have started sanding, and sadly it is taking me forever.. BUT It will be worth it in the end.



I know that this looks VERY VERY purple but I promise its the flash. This is more of a deep purple like eggplant. I know this color is not in my room BUT I love yellow purple and gray together I have colors all over my room BUT I think that they all work very well together..


The basic colors I have going on in my bedroom are;

I’m hoping the weather will be good and that I wont be exhausted tomorrow (I’m taking my sisters fiance to the Airport so I have to get up at 5:30 and drive about 1.5 each way..) If everything goes in my favor tomorrow Ill hopefully finish my dresser.. But we will see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment