Monday, April 16, 2012

Zebra love for the home.

I have never been a fan of animal prints, but I do love Zebra print. So my sister bought her first home in August/September of last year and she decided that she wanted to do Hot Pink and Zebra Print as a theme in my 3 year old nieces room. Naturally I thought it would be fun to have a hand in it and I thought it would look cool to do a focal wall in zebra print, only one wall though because it is a smaller space and too much print can be overwhelming and can make a space look a lot smaller. So my sister and I started painting the hot pink walls, then a few days later I came in with my paint pens and traced zebra print onto the wall. It has been that way for about 4 months as I have poked and proded my sister to get the actual black paint so I can finish the process. BUT she still hasnt, so this is how it looks now, my goal is to go get the paint myself this week and finish the job.
I also painted myself and my niece Monogramed signs for our rooms, as I told you all I am OBSESSED with monograms! So I stuck with the theme for Keylees room and did Zebra print. The one I did for my room was damask and was Green black and white.
I adore this sign, I handpainted it.. From start to finish it took me about 6 hours.. But I was in the zone..

and of course this one is mine for my room handpainted as well.. A lot less time consuming than my nieces.


I went on and added this because it was zebra print and I wanted to throw it in because of its insane cuteness! I found the zebra print fabric for a dollar and I used fabric glue to attach it to the shirt then I found the pink, orange and yellow ribbon for the ghost's bow. But it was a great shirt and very cute for all of October!

0 comments:

Post a Comment