Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Cork Craft


So, I came across this old corkboard I bought it at Pottery Barn 2 years ago for $29.00 (I believe that they still have them on the website)  But I had it sitting my my trash pile when I was going through things in my room, but the crefter in me had to pull it out because I knew that I could fix it up and do something with it, so this is what I decided to do!

WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
-Corkboard
-2 Cans of Spray Paint (Different colors)
-Stencil
-Tacks



For me I chose purple and white because I needed to incorporate some purple into my room besides my dresser.  I have started by spraying the corkboard white coating ALL sides with a couple of coats.  Keep in mind that cork is porous and the paint will sink into it some giving it a worn in look.




After you spray paint it all it should look something like this.





This is the stencil that I chose, I used tacks to tack it down to the corkboard.





After tacking the stencil to the corkboard you will take your second can of spray paint and spray all over your corkboard.


After letting it dry some I removed the stencil, and sprayed a little more purple on top so it didnt look as perfect.  and this was the outcome.  I love distressed old looking items and I really like how this turned out.  I may use some ribbon to hang it, Im not sure.. But in the end Im glad I didnt throw it away!




0 comments:

Post a Comment