Monday, April 16, 2012

My Sanctuary

I feel that everyone’s bedroom is their sanctuary, it is a place to cry to laugh to rest or play. I think that your bedroom should encompass who you are as a person and I would like to think that my bedroom does just that! I love shopping around online and this is what I have discovered; Frames, bedding, pillows and odds-an-ends that create my space. Here are a few of my favorite aspects of my sanctuary!


Frames are such great things because they are so different in size color and shape. I have always been envious of people who could throw a bunch of frames on a wall and it looked so cohesive while still seeming so different as it seems that each of them have their own story. I am a picture person I literally have 4000+ on my Macbook and since I think they are such a great way to relive special moments I love to put them on display all over the home. My frames on display here are all from various places, some are from walmart, Ikea, little boutiques and some I got for christmas and various other places. But take some frames choose your “moments” that you want to use and put them all over or on one wall like I did!


Bedding is a major weakness for me, I have so much from Pottery Barn, Urban Outfitters, Ikea and Now West Elm. The bedding you see above is from West Elm and if you have never visited their site then it is definitely a MUST SEE! I love some of the dainty items they have but it is all so beautiful and if you like Pottery Barn but it is a bit too pricey for you West Elm offers that same feel for a price that is not as steep! They have many things to look at and many things that you should take advantage of! My favorite of this new bedding besides the Monogram (Im a monogram freak) is the Amazing Euro Shams, which actually was not listed with my bedding it was meant to go with another set but I fell in love so I decided it was a must have as well!

I love little accents that you never thought would make a difference but it does. I consider my room rustic country and I am beyond in love with the Mason Jar craze and even though this isnt a “mason” jar (its a Kern) I painted it white added the blue sand and the little fake flower is from ikea. It is very cute in person and I have a few more all together in a vase.


This is a craft that I did to pass the time. There are a few ways you could achieve this and is was fairly inexpensive. I spent $5.00 total on the buttons I traced a large T on the paper and I glued the buttons around the T then I added the ribbon and framed it, the actual frame only cost $3.00. You could alsop use cloth instead of paper and sew the buttons on (much more time consuming!).


This is my dresser! I do love it like it is now but I will be sanding it down in the next month and re-painting it and hand painting some kind of new design. I really have to get my mind set on one design for my dresser. I absolutely adore this dresser I got it 5 years ago at a yard sale and it wasnt in the greatest condition, I love that it is chipped and knicked and looks old (totally up my ally). Of course once I re-paint this dresser it will be a post on here! Maybe ill be bold and do a bright color (it has always been Black, Brown or white.) Maybe Chartreuse! We will see! I cant wait to get started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment