Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crescent Roll Spinners Recipe How-To

I figured that I would post a yummy recipe that I make on occasion, but only because the weather is not permitting for me to go outside and paint which is exactly what I need to do.  This is a very simple recipe and it is a great for a snack or appetizer.



What you will need:
-Crescent Rolls (8 oz)
-4-6 slices of bacon depending on how much you would like to use. (Anywhere from 1/2 cup to 3/4 of a cup chopped up)
-3/4 cup of shredded cheese (you can use any kind that you would like I prefer sharp cheddar)
-1/4 cup of chopped green onions



-The First thing that you will want to do with this recipe is cook the bacon, in my days there has been 3 different ways that I have seen bacon cooked; 1. in a skillet, 2. in a microwave, 3. in the oven (which is the easiest) So for me I will lay out strips of bacon on a baking sheet.  I will put them in the oven on 375 degrees.  You can bake them for as long as it take for them to be crispy (it will vary upon the thickness and even brand of the bacon). 

-After the bacon is crispy and cooled down you will want to chop it up in little pieces. 


-You will need a can of Pillsbury crescent rolls, when you open the crescent rolls the triangles are stuck together in the shape of a rectangle.  You will want to take you fingers and where you would normally tear them apart (to create the triangle shape) push down in an effort to form the dough back together.

-You will have 4 rectangles of dough lay them flat sprinkle the bacon onto the different pieces, followed by the cheese and the green onions. 

-You will then roll them up (longways) I always use a little water to seal it closed. 

-I always place them in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes for the rolled up crescents to harden some. 

-Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

-After spending time in the freezer remove them, and take a knife and cut the rolls into about 3/4 inch wide and lay flat onto a baking sheet (Each roll should make about 8 spinners).  You will take all four of the rolled of crescents and repeat. 

-Place the spinners into the oven for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown. 

(I have seen some people who will drizzle ranch on top of the spinners and I have seen some that will put a little bit of honey butter and I have did both, both of which were great!)

These are very very yummy and are excellent for movie nights, football games or anything else where you have a lot of guests!

BON APPETIT!!



2 comments:

Anthea said...

Hey, thanks for following me on twitter :) This recipe looks so good! You should do a recipe on authentic homemade southern fried chicken too.. haha

Anonymous said...

Thanks! That would be no problem.. LOL My mom has cooked it for us for years.. and taught us how and she is an amazing cook!

Post a Comment